Warranty question - upgrade to powertrain warranty that will cover 'bumper to bumper' - is it worth $2170 for 84 months?

Reaction score
Just bought my first Subaru - 2023 Crosstrek Sport, with 10K miles. It came with 'Certified Pre-owned Service Agreement that covers powetrain issues for 7 years/100 K miles. The dealer also recommended I buy an upgrade to cover non powertrain breakdowns. The upgrade would cover issues and part related to: ENGINE COOLING AND FUEL, STEERING, FRONT SUSPENSION, BRAKES, ELECTRICAL, and AIR CONDITIONING. The upgrade warranty costs $2170 for 7 years or 100 K. PLEASE, I welcome any advice on whether this added warranty is worth the added expense??

excluding maintenance service and parts, glass, brake pads, hard ad soft trim, moldings, exhaust system, catalytic converter, shock absorbers,

I purchased the extended warranty, and I'm glad I did. My transmission and oil pump went out after the 3 years 36,000 miles expired and the extended kicked in and paid the whole thing
(minus the $100 deductible) The repairs would have cost me close to $10,000. I have had some other small items that had to replaced, which were also covered. Also, get the windshield warranty, because a new windshield will run you about $1,500. I've had to replace four windshields. Both warranties well worth the money.

Shop around online. Where I bought my 2020 Forester the finance manager would not budge on the price of 2200+ for a standard extended warranty. He said I'd never find it any cheaper. I did shop online and purchased the Gold Plus Subaru extended warranty than covers everything for 7 years and 100,000 miles for 1650 from Mastria Subaru in Raynham Ma. all online. They even let me pay over 12 months by using my credit card.

Just bought my first Subaru - 2023 Crosstrek Sport, with 10K miles. It came with 'Certified Pre-owned Service Agreement that covers powetrain issues for 7 years/100 K miles. The dealer also recommended I buy an upgrade to cover non powertrain breakdowns. The upgrade would cover issues and part related to: ENGINE COOLING AND FUEL, STEERING, FRONT SUSPENSION, BRAKES, ELECTRICAL, and AIR CONDITIONING. The upgrade warranty costs $2170 for 7 years or 100 K. PLEASE, I welcome any advice on whether this added warranty is worth the added expense??

excluding maintenance service and parts, glass, brake pads, hard ad soft trim, moldings, exhaust system, catalytic converter, shock absorbers,

Hello, I’ve been a Subaru owner (our family has had 12 Subarus) now for more than 40 years and bought my last Subaru, a 2017 outback brand new. And I bought the extended warranty and I’ve been very happy that I did. Subarus are great cars, but they get stuff wrong with them once in a while, I would caution you about to look at the trim on the exterior of your vehicle and if it is not all chrome reject it. My outback has black, composite roof rails, black, composite fender, bumpers, and headlight trim. None of those trim is black anymore. It has turned a very unsightly gray, and the roof rails are particularly inferior and are peeling off the top of my car. Subaru Of America doesn’t want to help me because my warranty expired, about 100 miles before this problem became evident. And since your warranty isn’t going to cover that trim, please be especially careful. , about 100 miles before this problem became evident. And since you’re warranty isn’t going to cover that trim, please be especially careful. It’s a great car, enjoy it. Subarus are wonderful car 99% of the time and while the icky looking trim doesn’t hurt the performance of the car, it does affect the value of the car, which is quite annoying.
Btw, I had a bunch of electrical problems with my outback about four years ago and the dealership repair shop kept my car for two solid weeks, called in a specialty repair person (for electrical issues only (from Subaru Of America) and he went through every inch of my car. And the loaner that they gave me for the warranty work, (which they always provide) was an absolutely beautiful new Subaru Forester. Choose your service dealership carefully, they’re not all as good as the other. Good luck!

I purchased the extended warranty, and I'm glad I did. My transmission and oil pump went out after the 3 years 36,000 miles expired and the extended kicked in and paid the whole thing
(minus the $100 deductible) The repairs would have cost me close to $10,000. I have had some other small items that had to replaced, which were also covered. Also, get the windshield warranty, because a new windshield will run you about $1,500. I've had to replace four windshields. Both warranties well worth the money.
THANK YOU!

Shop around online. Where I bought my 2020 Forester the finance manager would not budge on the price of 2200+ for a standard extended warranty. He said I'd never find it any cheaper. I did shop online and purchased the Gold Plus Subaru extended warranty than covers everything for 7 years and 100,000 miles for 1650 from Mastria Subaru in Raynham Ma. all online. They even let me pay over 12 months by using my credit card.
THANK YOU!

Ask a Question