Voice recogntion fails in 2021 Outback with TomTom software

Reaction score
My 2015 and 2016 Subaru voice recognition system (VRS) worked well. Vendor change to TomTom in my 2021 Outback has seldom worked. Dealer visits, 11+, in 3 years haven't corrected this. Subaru dealer says it's a TomaTom software flaw. TomTom says it's a Subaru hardware issue. Subaru Inc keeps promising new software updates will correct this. Under my states Lemon LAW, attorney office says I may receive a new car, BUT, I want the VRS to work. I have the 11.6 inch screen. Anybody else have this problem?

My 2015 and 2016 Subaru voice recognition system (VRS) worked well. Vendor change to TomTom in my 2021 Outback has seldom worked. Dealer visits, 11+, in 3 years haven't corrected this. Subaru dealer says it's a TomaTom software flaw. TomTom says it's a Subaru hardware issue. Subaru Inc keeps promising new software updates will correct this. Under my states Lemon LAW, attorney office says I may receive a new car, BUT, I want the VRS to work. I have the 11.6 inch screen. Anybody else have this problem?

My voice recognition doesn't work either and other peoples I know doesn't either. I left it with my dealer for 3 days and they spent 2 hours on the phone with a Subaru tech and it still doesn't work. I use CarPlay and my iPhone for navigation. Tomtom is worthless.

My voice recognition doesn't work either and other peoples I know doesn't either. I left it with my dealer for 3 days and they spent 2 hours on the phone with a Subaru tech and it still doesn't work. I use CarPlay and my iPhone for navigation. Tomtom is worthless.
Software updates DID NOT fix voice recognition.

Ask a Question