Vibration, noise when turning

Reaction score
Issue solved and want to share with Subaru community my findings. Our 2016 Forester has less than 70000 miles, we began hearing a rumble from passenger front wheel area. I had same issue on our 2009 a few years ago, so I immediately ordered a new wheel bearing . That didn't fix issue this time.
I also replaced the CV Axle, that didn't fix the issue. What did fix the issue was replacing the Lower control arm. All three of the bushings in this lower control arm were compromised. I bought a MOOG brand from Amazon.
Several issues were found that this control arm failed at 63000 miles.
Also you need ball joints as they were damaged. I had to order them after. It cost my time as factory damage where the bolt and nut threads on the ball joint were stripped. In my initial repair, I spent 2 hours just in the ball joint after finding the stripped bolt and nut. This is the linkage between the sway bar and lower control arm. I had to use a die the rethread my original ball joint from M10-1.0, to M10-1.5. I didn't have a spare M10-1.5 nut, but used one of my Honda Accord strut tower nuts. This got my job done in time for travel.
My Subaru Forester will have a new ball joint next week. And I will put the nut back on my Honda Accord strut. Main story here is to help all in vibration and know that you can have issues before 70000 miles on many models.

Ask a Question