V7 Front Brembo Calipers on a 2010 Impreza

Reaction score
Hello, I have just bought a set of second hand brembo calipers from a V7 impreza sti for my 2010 subaru impreza S-GT (JDM version of the WRX, should be the same). I was lead to believe from what id read that basically all impreza front calipers should fit on any other impreza. The calipers fit on the knuckle, but the stock rotors are about 5-6mm too close to the inside of the caliper, so the caliper doesnt fit with these rotors. Im going to get some new slotted rotors for it, but the measurements given seem to be the same as what ive got on now. A spacer on the inside of the rotor would solve my issue or machining off 5mm of the mounting surface of the caliper, but that seems a bit sketchy.

Do these calipers not usually fit with my car?

Has anyone had the same issue? and if so how did you fix it?

Are there different rotors available that would fix my issue?

Thanks

Hello, I have just bought a set of second hand brembo calipers from a V7 impreza sti for my 2010 subaru impreza S-GT (JDM version of the WRX, should be the same). I was lead to believe from what id read that basically all impreza front calipers should fit on any other impreza. The calipers fit on the knuckle, but the stock rotors are about 5-6mm too close to the inside of the caliper, so the caliper doesnt fit with these rotors. Im going to get some new slotted rotors for it, but the measurements given seem to be the same as what ive got on now. A spacer on the inside of the rotor would solve my issue or machining off 5mm of the mounting surface of the caliper, but that seems a bit sketchy.

Do these calipers not usually fit with my car?

Has anyone had the same issue? and if so how did you fix it?

Are there different rotors available that would fix my issue?

Thanks
Sadly, you seem to have been led to believe that an Impreza and a WRX share the same brake system components.
Not sure where you got your info, but either they did not know what they were talking about, OR you did not verify what you were told.
I would agree that MOST "garden variety" Imprezas will interchange; but NOT once you start messing with the higher performance cars. This is true of most all high performance models regardless of manufacturer.
Before you throw more good money after bad, sit down with the "ROCK AUTO" website and do some research on EXACTLY what you need. You said the rotors sit too close to the inside of caliper. This is most likely because the spacing of the rotor you have is incompatible with the spindle on the car...which WILL REQUIRE a spindle change or going to the CORRECT rotor for the spindle on your car, which may still not match the caliper.
For the sake of your pocket book and the safety of everyone on the road with you, find what you need to do the job right, and then spend your $$$. Throwing parts at something and hoping it works, or modifying brake parts is dangerous and can cost you far more than any benefit you hope to get from the upgraded brakes.
Good Luck with it.

Ask a Question