Transmission replacement

Reaction score
Anybody have any luck with buying used transmission for 2011 Subaru Outback 3.6? I found one that came out of a 2011 Subaru Outback Legacy 3.6 L AWD with 61K miles. Comes with a 3-year limited warranty on parts.

Toxman

If the price is right it might be a good choice. I would have the trans oil changed as preventative maintenance. Use recommended oil!

Thanks. I got a P1710 Torque Converter Turbine Speed Signal Circuit Malfunction. My understanding this indicates a bad sensor in the transmission valve body. I have seen posts where aftermarket speed sensor controls were used to correct this problem because Subaru required the entire valve body (part #31705AA662 approx. $1400) be replaced. Now it looks like Subaru lists a Vehicle Speed Sensor (part # 31937AA120;31937AA121 approx. $89) part that can be used to replace the faulty sensor and not require the entire valve body be replaced. Anyone had a similar experience?

Ask a Question