Too Loud Media on Startup 2024 Limited

Reaction score
I just purchased this wonderful 2024 Limited last month and there is one minor annoyance that I have not found a cure wherever I search: I always use Android Auto for all my media and the volume is set just perfect.... but... during the startup of the vehicle the volume is painfully loud while it's connecting to Android Auto and playing any other media to fill the space. I'm either needing to teach myself to always lower the volume each time I start the car, or find a hack. I did not have this issue with a previous Outback with an aftermarker Pioneer stereo. One suggestion was to tune to Sirius station #0 for silence..... but I am not finding that.

Same here. The car does not reset the volume if you stop while playing. If you have played something well recorded where you had to turn it up to hear it on the highway the car will restart the volume at that setting next time unless you turned it down.
I had to make sure the local classical station was the first choice rather than Sirius because Sirius butchers (compress) the signal to make it as loud as possible (so does your average rock station).
Quality streaming services do not do this unless it is intentionally loud in the original recording - I used Tidal and Qobuz as well as my own music via my phone.

Ask a Question