To all mechanically inclined forum members or those who have had prior experience with their 2008 Subaru Legacy and it's issues , I need help!

Reaction score
Coming home from my son's house after 4th of July my car started making some whining sounds and what appeared to be grinding or growling then lost acceleration forcing me to pull over. 3 hours later while being towed home, the driver said my alternator was shot so I replaced it but my car won't start. It cranks but won't turn over. While turning key there's a chirping sound that is almost like a loose belt sound but 5Xs worse. Its more of a chirping tho rather than a screeching whine. I recorded the sound because as a girl, it's hard to explain or compare to something else. I appreciate any and all info, advice or referrals. Thanks.
Tina in California

My son's car (2016 Legacy) had some similar sounds (intermittent grinding sounds & vibrations in the accelerator pedal) and we determined it was coming from the transmission. Long story but we tried to service the transmission fluid and filter that helped a little but he determined it was best to get a new transmission, not used. $7.5k later, it drives great.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lorin Grable

Latest Threads

Back