Things break when leaving Utah

Reaction score
I purchased a 2016 CrossTrek a few months ago for my daughter. We live in Wyoming, but purchased it in Utah.

After purchasing it, we remained in Utah for a few days and everything was fine; cruise control worked, no warning lights/messages.

Once we headed home and were about 50 miles into Wyoming, the warning messages concerning 'emissions' and 'hill-assist' came on and the cruise control stopped working.

This status remained for a couple of months while at home in Wyoming. Recently, we went back to Utah and around the same area in Wyoming, the error lights/messages went off and the cruise control worked again. The whole time in Utah, everything worked.

Once again, during the return, once we were in Wyoming again (about the same place), the warning messages/cruise control did the same thing and has remained in this state while at home in Wyoming.

Yes, I know - strange indeed. Ideas?

Ask a Question