Stock 2006 Subaru Impreza Outback Sport ECM bad????

Reaction score
Gotta P0448 code. Took it to Subaru and they said it was the ECM. They said that there is power going to the vent and found that the ground wire from the vent to the ECM is good and has continuity. Said they checked to see if the ECM could command the vent to turn on, it didn't turn on. Wants to charge me $1700 to replace the ECM and retest. Sounds like a $1700 maybe... I have done some research on the P0448 and most of the information I have seen never even suggests the ECM is the problem. Most people I have talked to say the ECM's rarely go bad. Could it be the Vent itself is bad? There is nothing here that says they tested the vent to see if it was bad. Just says they tested to see if the ECM could turn it on and off. I paid $2000 for this thing, and I have already had to replace all 4 tires, upper and lower ball joints, tie rods, and a wheel bearing assembly on the front passenger side. I know there is a water pump leak, but the head gasket was supposedly done 40,000 miles ago. If I go through with all these repairs, I will have more into the car than it is worth, even with it only having 130,000 miles. This is my first Subaru, and I am REALLY not liking how this is all shaping up. Thinking about just driving it off a cliff and buying a Yota.... Any suggestions on the ECM would be greatly appreciated.....

Ask a Question