Stange issues with 2010 subaru impreza

Reaction score
Hi All
I'm not sure I'd anyone has encountered this issue before so I'm just throwing this out. My 2010 subaru impreza 2.5i premium, is having some power issues, like there is no power in the engine or so it seems. There has been a couple of interesting things that have happened thus far: my steering stiffed up randomly turning left going about 25 mph, my radio seemingly has a short so it will automatically go to my 3rd saved station every start up and does not save any station anymore, and of course the lack of power in the engine overall (it struggles pretty good going up a 7 grade, can't go over 50). I think it my have something to do with the EPS but I'm not entirely sure. I have taken it to a local mechanic (they gave me a tech) and they didn't see anything.

Hi All
I'm not sure I'd anyone has encountered this issue before so I'm just throwing this out. My 2010 subaru impreza 2.5i premium, is having some power issues, like there is no power in the engine or so it seems. There has been a couple of interesting things that have happened thus far: my steering stiffed up randomly turning left going about 25 mph, my radio seemingly has a short so it will automatically go to my 3rd saved station every start up and does not save any station anymore, and of course the lack of power in the engine overall (it struggles pretty good going up a 7 grade, can't go over 50). I think it my have something to do with the EPS but I'm not entirely sure. I have taken it to a local mechanic (they gave me a tech) and they didn't see anything.
This might sound odd, but have you had your battery and/or alternator tested?
This is not apples to apples, but my 2019 4runner exhibited similar issues when the battery was going bad. (Test found a bad cell.) The battery monitor showed 13.4V, BUT a load test found only 10.8V on the 18 month old battery.
An AGM style battery should show about 13.5 ish volts when fully charged. Even if the car starts, you may be seeing gremlins from the battery or alternator not not charging up to spec.
Radios, lights, ECU's, TCU's DO NOT like behaving when their specified voltage is not up to that the programing likes to "see".
Run it by a GOOD auto parts store and see if they can run a charging test on BOTH the Alternator and the Battery to see what their status is....
2010 model...seen a lot of miles and road time...my bet is the alternator.
Good luck
AMLOR

Ask a Question