SO...Exactly what transmission does the '24 Crosstrek come with...?

Reaction score
Yes I know it is a CVT. The sticker, low on the passenger side "B" pillar, says it is a TR580DH1AA.
DH1AA MIGHT have something to do with a model year specific update to the programing...or not.
Anyone know for sure?? If so please share with the collective...

As long as we are on the transmission subject, what unobtanium fluid will this unit be requiring?
We bought this car in September last year and there still does not seem to a lot of consensus as to
the fluid to be used on the '24 models. I will definitely stay with the Subaru fluid, I just need to know EXACTLY which one!

Thanks in advance for the help!!
AMLOR

CVT's are very persnickety. Always have the dealership change it! This way they are liable if something goes wrong! CVT trans oil is very special, specific, and expensive!

CVT's are very persnickety. Always have the dealership change it! This way they are liable if something goes wrong! CVT trans oil is very special, specific, and expensive!
Considering it...I still want to know what oil it is supposed to use. That way I can call the bluff on the service writer and have him document that we discussed the "correct" trans fluid.

Actually, it does not. There are only two locations that I found the CVT even mentioned in the 2024 manuals.
One is in the Warranty Maintenance schedule it only shows an "inspection" at 30K intervals.
Which begs the question, no dipstick...we check it how?? no info from Subaru..
The other is on page 471 of the Owners Manual it states "There is no fluid level gauge. It is unnecessary to check the CVT transmission fluid level. However, if necessary, consult your SUBARU dealer for inspection. "
I would guess that I am not the only one who finds these directives sort of contradictory.
And still no word on WHICH FLUID does the 2024+ TR580 use...
AMLOR

Wow! This has been a trend for the past decade. Most auto makers are following it.
I, like you, are not happy with it, but have no control. Try calling your parts department. They should be able to tell you...

Ask a Question