Reverse auto brake

Reaction score
Is there any way to permanently disable this. I use my trailers slot and it is beyond a pain in the a#$,, I'm truly ready to get rid of this vehicle because of it, every time you turn it off it turn on after you take it out of reverse.

Is there any way to permanently disable this. I use my trailers slot and it is beyond a pain in the a#$,, I'm truly ready to get rid of this vehicle because of it, every time you turn it off it turn on after you take it out of reverse.
On my 2021 forester the rear auto brake ecu is just under the drivers seat near the front. I had to find mine to plug in the auto stop eliminator which works like a champ and does exactly what they say it does. When I turn it off it stays off until I turn it back on again.
Maybe the same company can help with your problem or perhaps unplugging the ecu will do it for you. However that could also disable some other safety system so caution is in order.

A tech at my dealership disabled RAB on my 2023 Outback using the touchscreen. I don't recall exactly what he did, but I think he touched the Vehicle icon on the main screen and went from there. I have a warning light in the instrument cluster but I can live with that.

Yes. Upon starting vehicle and putting in reverse, press the ‘enter’ tab up and press it. It will then turn off auto braking symbol RAB. This is how it works on my 2018 forester.

Ask a Question