Outback 27K Miles Wont Start - At Dealership 5X in 10 Weeks

Reaction score
I have a 2019 Subaru Outback V6. It has been at the dealership 4 times in two months for the same issue. The car does not start. At times it starts again after sitting around 5+ hours. Other times it won’t restart at all again regardless of how long it sits. It has been towed into the dealership two times in two months. I am currently out of state on vacation and now the car will not start again. It will require yet another tow to a dealership somewhere - making it the FIFTH time to the dealership for the same issue in 10 weeks. The odometer just turned to 27K. I get it's difficult to diagnose when an error code is not being thrown. Isn’t there some type of old school logic, used prior to codes being thrown, that can be used to narrow the issue down to identify the problem? One other item I noticed with the car, that has occurred sporadically since I purchased it new, is at the beginning of acceleration (i.e pulling out of parking lot on the main highway), it sometimes ‘drops out’ for a second. By that I mean the odometer speed is increasing and then it just stops but after a second or two the car starts accelerating again. Could this all be related? Appreciate the feedback - thank you. At this point I would never recommend a Subaru to anyone - especially a brand new one. ☹️

Ask a Question