New to the Subaru family

Reaction score
Just purchased our first Subaru....bought the wife a 24 Ascent Limited Onyx Edition. Came from a Chevy Traverse. I was a long time Toyota owner but prices and availability on Highlanders are crazy right now. The Ascent had what she wanted for a 3rd row setup and I'm hoping it doesn't disappoint in that aspect, it is just us and our 7 yr. old along with 2 lil dogs. I've always read and heard stories of how good the safety is in regard to Subaru vehicles, so that was a big factor in going with one. I've got a few friends and coworkers that drive Subarus and love them. Anyways, we just got it 2 days ago and so far, wife is very pleased. For us, the car feels like it has a lil pep...I've read a lot on Reddit that it feels sluggish, but to us it doesn't...yet......we'll see. We plan on doing a lil road/day trip to help break it in.

Anything I should be aware of?

I have a 2022 touring. It is fabulous. 2 things, 1 is that my yr accent does not allow you to leave the car running and lock it .
2 great part of the accent it has a towbar under the back bumper and a transmission cooler installed from the factory

Just purchased our first Subaru....bought the wife a 24 Ascent Limited Onyx Edition. Came from a Chevy Traverse. I was a long time Toyota owner but prices and availability on Highlanders are crazy right now. The Ascent had what she wanted for a 3rd row setup and I'm hoping it doesn't disappoint in that aspect, it is just us and our 7 yr. old along with 2 lil dogs. I've always read and heard stories of how good the safety is in regard to Subaru vehicles, so that was a big factor in going with one. I've got a few friends and coworkers that drive Subarus and love them. Anyways, we just got it 2 days ago and so far, wife is very pleased. For us, the car feels like it has a lil pep...I've read a lot on Reddit that it feels sluggish, but to us it doesn't...yet......we'll see. We plan on doing a lil road/day trip to help break it in.

I'm driving my 5th Outback and love it. I think subaru is great

We too had the same issue about Highlander availability. Seems like Toyota production is having issues.

Ask a Question