New to the forum!

Reaction score
After several comparisons of Subies to other cars, I've finally joined the collective. I drove a Jetta Sportwagen TDI until VW bought it back (for 3K more than I paid 4 years earlier). Moved to a Golf Alltrack, and loved it....until someone rear-ended me in traffic, pushing me into another car....and totalling the VDub. They don't bring wagons to the US anymore, and I didn't want to move upmarket to the Volvo or Audi...so I was resigned to getting a Mazda CX-5 or CX-50.

My GF suggested I try the Outback, and I was wary, since I really liked the DSG transmission on the Golf AT, but I took one for a test drive...and yeah, the DSG transmission is more 'fun'...but once I got used to the CVT, I realized that, at 63, I don't need to stomp on the throttle at traffic lights. The XT had more than enough power, and I got a great deal on a '23 CPO Touring with 7K miles. The interior is awesome, and driving is a bit less 'performance' oriented....but comfortable and confident, which is just as good. Looking forward to enjoying this new ride.

Attachments

• Subaru 1.jpeg
    Subaru 1.jpeg
    387.6 KB · Views: 3
  • Subaru 2.jpeg
    Subaru 2.jpeg
    293.8 KB · Views: 3
  • Subaru 3.jpeg
    Subaru 3.jpeg
    314.2 KB · Views: 3
  • Subaru 4.jpeg
    Subaru 4.jpeg