Need New Propeller/Drive shaft.

Reaction score
Hello everyone,
So I've noticed some weird noises, clunking, and vibration on my daughter's 95 Impreza LX Wagon (auto trans). So I got a good look underneath and noticed that the drive shaft is shot where it comes out of the tail shaft of the trans. The u-joint looks like one of the caps is actually broken. Of course, I'm not driving it until it's fixed. I was looking at new drive shafts, and they are terribly expensive. I do not want a knock-off brand, however. I was wondering where you guys buy your new driveshafts from? I found one company that seems to be pretty good and builds them new right here in the US (Driveshaft Store). But since I know nothing about this company, I would like your opinion as to where to source a new drive shaft. I was thinking about replacing the staked u-joints with non-staked ones. But I really don't have the time for that. I'd rather just buy the whole front and rear shaft assembly and be done with it. Please advise.

Ask a Question