Multiple warning lights

Reaction score
Hello,

This is my first post on the forum.

I recently returned from a 7 day, approx. 2000 mile road trip in our 2017 Outback 3.6. On day two of the drive, about 3/4 of the way through the day's trip, a bunch of warning lights randomly appeared. The "X-mode" light began blinking. "Eye Sight" appeared in orange letters across the screeen. Lane departure waning, RAB, and check engine also came on. This all happened at the same time. Since the engine was at normal operating temperature, had plenty of fresh oil, and was driving normally, I decided to proceed. The next morning (day 3) the same lights remained illuminated for the duration of the drive, even with of few start /stops. Day 4, started the engine, all lights were off. Completed the rest of the trip all normal. Any ideas what might have caused this?

There is a recall on some models for the cooling module ( there is another name which I forgot) which can cause this. Happened to mine and was replaced by dealer.

Hello,

This is my first post on the forum.

I recently returned from a 7 day, approx. 2000 mile road trip in our 2017 Outback 3.6. On day two of the drive, about 3/4 of the way through the day's trip, a bunch of warning lights randomly appeared. The "X-mode" light began blinking. "Eye Sight" appeared in orange letters across the screeen. Lane departure waning, RAB, and check engine also came on. This all happened at the same time. Since the engine was at normal operating temperature, had plenty of fresh oil, and was driving normally, I decided to proceed. The next morning (day 3) the same lights remained illuminated for the duration of the drive, even with of few start /stops. Day 4, started the engine, all lights were off. Completed the rest of the trip all normal. Any ideas what might have caused this?
I had a similar experience recently with my 2019 Outback. Car was operating normally, but the idiot lights went nuts and the Eyesight shut down. Turned out it was due to the simultaneous failure if two oxygen sensors. Why the failure of that kind of part should cause insanity throughout the system is beyond me, but replacing them (at $300 each for parts alone!!) solved the problem.

Funny thing; my first post as well. This afternoon the eyesight, engine warning light and the X-mode became disabled with the console light flashing. Car is running fine otherwise. It was 100 degrees here in Virginia today; and the car was in direct sunlight all day - is there causality here? Regardless, looks like it is a dealership fix?

Funny thing; my first post as well. This afternoon the eyesight, engine warning light and the X-mode became disabled with the console light flashing. Car is running fine otherwise. It was 100 degrees here in Virginia today; and the car was in direct sunlight all day - is there causality here? Regardless, looks like it is a dealership fix?
I went to Auto Zone and used their diagnostic tool to check the error code; turns out it was a heater control value that went bad. I then went back to my car and when driving away, I noticed that all of the warning lights have gone away and my console reads clear.

Ask a Question