Microphone with phone calls fails

Reaction score
Hello: I have a 2024 Subaru Ascent ( Touring model) I have seen post for this same problem with other models. I wanted to let other owners know it is also happening in the ascent. The issue happens in our ascent all the time, usually within 2 minutes of driving time. At first the call is just fine, then the other person on the call can't hear anything. I will be going to the dealer about this soon. So far I have not seen anyone with this problem post that they have had the issue corrected. I will post here if my dealer has as answer to this.

I had a similar problem when I had a new unit installed in my car. After numerous phone calls I took the car back & it was determined that the original installer had not comepleted the most recent updates to the unit so my phone was doing them but it made it incompatable because the unit itself had the old software. I would check to see if they are all up to date firstly

I had a similar problem when I had a new unit installed in my car. After numerous phone calls I took the car back & it was determined that the original installer had not comepleted the most recent updates to the unit so my phone was doing them but it made it incompatable because the unit itself had the old software. I would check to see if they are all up to date firstly
Thank you for responding, What year and model is your car.

Hello: I have a 2024 Subaru Ascent ( Touring model) I have seen post for this same problem with other models. I wanted to let other owners know it is also happening in the ascent. The issue happens in our ascent all the time, usually within 2 minutes of driving time. At first the call is just fine, then the other person on the call can't hear anything. I will be going to the dealer about this soon. So far I have not seen anyone with this problem post that they have had the issue corrected. I will post here if my dealer has as answer to this.
Just wanted to follow up on this. I was on you tube and found out that in early July Subaru came out with a software update. It has to be installed by the dealer. it was a large update, took 2 hours. it seems to have fixed the carplay telephone issue.

Ask a Question