Maintenance

RWN

Reaction score
First time poster...please be kind!

My wife and I purchased our first Subaru, a new 2023 Legacy. While reviewing the maintenance schedule I was caught off guard by some of the intervals. I'm wondering how closely owners follow this schedule and if some items are more imperative than others. I sincerely appreciate your input!

Ryan

First time poster...please be kind!

My wife and I purchased our first Subaru, a new 2023 Legacy. While reviewing the maintenance schedule I was caught off guard by some of the intervals. I'm wondering how closely owners follow this schedule and if some items are more imperative than others. I sincerely appreciate your input!

Ryan
This may sound like a smart a$$ answer, but I do not mean for it to.
Anyone who wants their Subaru to last, will follow the Subaru maintenance schedules to the letter. And exceed them if your discretionary income allows.
Engine oil changes, with the Subaru Japanese market filter ( AMAZON #15208AA160 ((use #15208AA20A as a backup)) and the recommended oil weight. I change on 5000 mile intervals, not 6000.
Service the transmission early and often. I will be using 30000 miles on a change. Even tho the manual says 60000.
In more than four decades of messing with cars, I have always found that oil and filters are cheaper than engines and mechanics. I would also take the time to find a reputable service center who works on Subaru's in your area.
The Stealerships are NOT required for service, and most of the time their repairs are criminally overpriced.
Good Luck and congrats on the Legacy!
AMLOR

Ask a Question