Infotainmentscreen not working when hot

Reaction score
The touch panel does not respond when the temperature is high in the car. Will work for one or two taps on the screen then freeze. Restarting does not fix the issue. Once the temperature drops scree works fine. Any help would be appreciated

The touch panel does not respond when the temperature is high in the car. Will work for one or two taps on the screen then freeze. Restarting does not fix the issue. Once the temperature drops scree works fine. Any help would be appreciated
Might help if I let you know this is a 2018 legacy

This is a similar issue that the outbacks have from the same time period. My screen (and others based on other threads) developed bubbles after the heat and now after about 9 months after the bubbles showed up, my screen is unusable. We are hoping for a class action lawsuit to get Subaru to recall it but no luck yet.

That might explain the lines at the top of the screen they look like streaks but can’t wipe them off and almost feel
Slightly raised.

This is a similar issue that the outbacks have from the same time period. My screen (and others based on other threads) developed bubbles after the heat and now after about 9 months after the bubbles showed up, my screen is unusable. We are hoping for a class action lawsuit to get Subaru to recall it but no luck yet.
Hey, I have the same situation. Funny, I thought I was crazy when I found that cold interior allows operation of the system and heat freezes it.
I also have the streaks at the top of the screen.
How can I get in on that class action suit. If enough owners complain, Subaru should do something about it.
Oh yes, it's 2018 legacy.
Any idea what a repair/replacement might cost?

Here is the other forum thread that has a lot of information on the issue.

Ask a Question