Impreza/WRX Differences?

Reaction score
I'm in the market to buy a used vehicle, and I'm pretty interested in getting a Subaru. I'm comparing two WRX models from two different years, and I'm a little surprised by the pricing. The two vehicles are:

2012 Subaru Impreza WRX Sport Wagon 4D (96,000 miles, $12,000)
2017 Subaru WRX (110,000 miles, $10,000)

This is how the vehicles are described on the web site (I haven't gone to see them in person yet). The 2012 seems like a pretty good deal: I can see a vehicle history, and it's only been in a few fender benders. The 2017 almost seems too good to be true since it's 5 years newer and less than 20k fewer miles. I can't tell if this one has sustained more serious damage, but that seems like the only reason for it to be newer and cheaper.

I don't understand why some of these are listed as "Subaru WRX", "Subaru Impreza" and other are "Subaru Impreza WRX". I thought the WRX was a different model than the Impreza. Is that wrong?

WRX is an performance upgrade from a base Impreza. Wagon go for more because they're more desirable and they stopped making them.

Ask a Question