I want to buy a 2025 Forester

Reaction score
I owned a 2016 and 2018 Outback and liked them a lot. After two top trim Equinoxes (had to use up my accumulated GM points), I am back in the market for a Subaru. I was impressed with the Forester at the auto show this past spring and like the new body style plus the perceived safety of a Subaru. What are the negatives, if any, of the new model? As an older driver, the visibility is perfect, and safety is important. Comments indicate the infotainment system is complex-but I am tec savvy and enjoy the challenge. Fuel economy? Thanks!

If you do get it, I recommend you watch the many videos on YouTube that several Suburu dealers put out. The are model and year specific down to the trim level. They sure helped me get up to speed without needing to dig through all of those manuals.

I love my new 2025 Touring. Got it the end of June. Got it because I wanted the power passenger seat for my wife. Didn't know the 2025 Limited now has a power passenger. Could have saved $2000+. After I took delivery, I found that it has no Homelink on the mirror. It's the same mirror that's in the Accent Touring that has the homelink.. Even the dealer doesn't understand this.

I am glad I got the 2024 myself. I don't like that big screen in the middle of the dash of the '25. I like knobs for my environmental controls. We never use the screen anyway, so really a waste of good space for something useful. That is my one big complaint on the '25. Also I do wish they'd make a lot of 'safety' features optional. My 2024, I couldn't get it without the 'eyesight' for example, so have to deal with it. Otherwise I really like the '24.

I am glad I got the 2024 myself. I don't like that big screen in the middle of the dash of the '25. I like knobs for my environmental controls. We never use the screen anyway, so really a waste of good space for something useful. That is my one big complaint on the '25. Also I do wish they'd make a lot of 'safety' features optional which is another of my complaints. My 2024, I couldn't get it without the 'eyesight' for example, so have to deal with it. Otherwise I really like the '24.
I think like their AWD, Eyesight is a standard feature acroos the entire Suburu line.

I owned a 2016 and 2018 Outback and liked them a lot. After two top trim Equinoxes (had to use up my accumulated GM points), I am back in the market for a Subaru. I was impressed with the Forester at the auto show this past spring and like the new body style plus the perceived safety of a Subaru. What are the negatives, if any, of the new model? As an older driver, the visibility is perfect, and safety is important. Comments indicate the infotainment system is complex-but I am tec savvy and enjoy the challenge. Fuel economy? Thanks!
Mike,
I have owned my 2025 Forester Premium for just a month now and, like you, have a 2013 Outback with 105k mi and traded in a 2017 Chevy Volt. And while I do miss some of the advantages of electric driving, I found that, in the long run, there was no real saving financially with repairs and maintenance. But on to the Forester; damn fine machine. It's like the Forester has grown up in '25. The Premium is missing a few things I would liked to have had but, overall, you get a lot for the price. Still somewhat gutless at the bottom end but cruising and passing are a breeze. Very smooth and quiet ride and, as you say, with great visibility. And, like you, as an older driver, i really appreciate that. Seats are well bolstered and very comfortable. I got cloth because my wife does not like sitting on leather, hence the Premium model. Very, very good stopping distance with very little vibration. I am an easy driver and manage a bit over 34 mpg highway and 30 in the city. Best of luck.

Ask a Question