Fuel gauge not working

Reaction score
My daughter drives a 2005 subaru impreza RS 2.5 and for some reason, the fuel gauge on her dash suddenly stopped working. Around the same time the indicator on the dashboard keeps flashing that the cruise control is on even though it actually is not. I have checked the fuses several times and nothing seems to be wrong with them. The fuel pump is still working as the vehicle still runs and drives OK. Anyone have any ideas why the fuel gauge with suddenly stopped working?

The flashing cruise control light typically goes along with a check engine light from what I know, so I would guess it's signing some other issue and maybe the check engine light bulb is out?

For the fuel gauge, if it works up to a certain point or is stuck somewhere in the middle, the sensor is probably just stuck, I had that happen on an old Cadillac and I think the solution was to replace the fuel pump unit bc that had the sensor attached but you may be able to just replace the sensor.
If it's stuck at 0 then I'd guess it's something electrical but I don't know.

Ask a Question