Exiting Android Auto apps.

Reaction score
2020 Forester prime. How the heck do you close and exit an Android Auto app? We got the car last Friday and so far that is the only thing that stumped us, I use Waze as my primary GPS app with a backup one that has offline maps. We run Pandora a lot at the same time. How do I turn off Waze or the other GPS when I don't want them? I haven't been able to find an answer online.

Captain Quack.

I use both Waze & Google Maps in Android Auto with my 2019 Crosstrek. The program seems to default to the navigation program that was last used. You can add & remove apps to run within Android Auto by invoking the program on your cell phone while in your car. You can probably add Pandora. I use Amazon Music & a free music app called AIMP.

There are some dots at the bottom left of my screen that allow me to cycle through my apps within Android Auto + when I close my navigation program I am taken to landing screen that shows all the icons for the apps that can be launched within Android Auto. I think you may find a better explanation by simply Googling Android Auto on your computer or phone..

I use Waze when ever we're in a strange place or looking for an address. I have another one called Sygic because Waze doesn't have offline maps and Sygic does. The last three times we tried to use the display with Android auto it showed the dots on the bottom but would automatically bring up Sygic. I could switch between Sygic and Pandora, but I couldn't close Sygic. That's what I wanted to do. It wasn't running on my phone at the time.

Ask a Question