Disconnect rear differential on Manual baja? Help???

Reaction score
I have a subaru baja which is a manual transmission. The vehicle buzzes and vibrates violently when going above 60mph, it only occurs when pressing the gas pedal. I could be going 70 and buzzing like crazy and let off gas pedal and its a smooth ride. I've been told this is an axle issue.

I read that you can disconnect the rear differential quite easily, however I have only seen videos of this on automatic transmissions. Can I do the fuse box trick with a manual??? Can I disconnect the rear wheels on a manual baja and still be able to drive it? I am afraid of doing damage to the transmission driving it like this.

The noise is LOUD, my exhaust fell off a while back and the car is loud as crap but even then the rear of the car is just ROARING and buzzing like crazy and is even louder.

I would greatly appreciate anyones tips to remedy this problem. I am not going to re-work the car, this is my backup vehicle and I only use it in emergencies when my other vehicle is in the shop. Can I disconnect the rear on this bugger and be fine?

Last edited:

Ask a Question