Did I make a wrong choice?...

Reaction score
I recently got a new '24 crosstrek limited last week. I opened up the different trims, fuse boxes and parts of the car to hardwire a dashcam (S1 pro). Not going to lie, but I am deathly scared I broke something. Although nothing seems to be broken at the moment, am definitely paranoid something will pop up soon enough. I am not a car guy. I am just seeking opinions on what I have done is something other people would've done as well. I live in the DMV area and have had my old car been involved in minor accidents -- no hit and runs though. I haven't installed the rear camera yet, and maybe i should just stop here before I ruin something major.

Deathly scared? What exactly do you think you might've broken? Also you’ve indicated that you live in the DMV area. Just curious. Where is that?

Deathly scared? What exactly do you think you might've broken? Also you’ve indicated that you live in the DMV area. Just curious. Where is that?
I mentioned the DMV area (DC, Maryland & Virginia) because it’s a pretty safe region in the US, unlike San Francisco. So I don’t know if a dash cam is necessary. I had a Subaru before, very low quality and had many mechanical issues. I’m making sure I don’t increase the wear and tear on this one.

Your chance of being in a collision in Baltimore, Washington, D.C. are higher than in any other cities in the U.S. Baltimore accident rate is nearly 3 times higher than San Francisco as is the chance of dying in an accident.

I recently got a new '24 crosstrek limited last week. I opened up the different trims, fuse boxes and parts of the car to hardwire a dashcam (S1 pro). Not going to lie, but I am deathly scared I broke something. Although nothing seems to be broken at the moment, am definitely paranoid something will pop up soon enough. I am not a car guy. I am just seeking opinions on what I have done is something other people would've done as well. I live in the DMV area and have had my old car been involved in minor accidents -- no hit and runs though. I haven't installed the rear camera yet, and maybe i should just stop here before I ruin something major.
I have a friend who did the same thing. Stopped and had the dealership look at it for the hardwired setup. No harm in taking it to a mechanic if you're worried about electrical mess-ups. Aftermarket stuff like this, any decent mechanic can check your work (including testing electrical), and finish up the rear one for you. Worth it for piece of mind, IMO. Best of luck!

Ask a Question