Checking in from Arizona

Reaction score
Greetings fellow Subaru owners!

I just recently purchased a 2024 Outback Onyx edition from the Subaru dealer in Surprise Az. It was a loaner vehicle for its first 6,000 miles. Crystal Black Silica with black trim, Star Tex upholstery. And at the price out the door, I could not pass it up.

I am really happy with my first Subaru, and am just learning to figure out all of the "bells and whistles"...I travel a lot for work, so it will take me a few weeks to get it all down. I am really impressed with the handling and although I do not have the turbo, it has plenty of power for my needs...and the wife's mostly her car.

The only thing that we do like not like was the start/ stop feature. I came on here and read the other threads where it was discussed and saw where one person said that a dealer update fixed it, but ours had to be turned off each time we restated the car.

A five-minute fix and $100 later, problem solved. I typically do not start an introduction thread on a forum with and advertisement, and I hope that it does not come off as my motive. I was just so impressed with the ease of bypassing a nonsensical feature (just my opinion).

I look forward to future advice, tips, and tricks, and latest updates should there be a technical service bulletin.

Last edited:

Ask a Question