Blind spot detection - intermittent

Reaction score
Help! My late model outback with blind spot detection fails to indicate a car next to me - sometimes.

Subaru can find nothing wrong. I had car calibrated using my dealer and results were perfect no faults with sensors on front or back of car. Could not duplicate. Indicator lights on mirrors worked normally. No car faults were noted in the I pad diagnosis.

My drive home from the dealer the (Right side only) Mirror light did not illuminate for any vehicle I passed or that passed me on the right side of car. This is intermittent about 50 percent of the time. Situation on a long drive of several hours had No light for periods of an hour or so then normal operation resumed for the next hour or so. To make it even more unusual I will say that at times the blind spot will work for Cars only and shockingly not see a massive semi truck.

Something unusual in my cars systems or computer software??

Car has never been bumped or hit.

My computer experience suggest a wire harness/connector problem. The trucks must be Russian spy's or secret service agents or something ;-)

Ask a Question