Audio issues in 2024 Wilderness Crosstrek

Reaction score
I have an issue where if I send or receive a text while my car is running, it amplifies the sound through the stereo. The only way to fix this is to silence my phone. It is deafeningly loud, and it was noticed immediately upon leasing it. There is no way to adjust the volume of the tone (my ringer is on the lowest setting and the volume on the stereo makes no difference. The dealership has no idea what is going on. Anyone else have this issue? It's incredibly annoying. Also, if a text comes in, it changes the screen to the Apple Carplay screen (when I'm using XM), which is also annoying. There should be no reason for it to bring up that screen. My previous Crosstrek didn't do any of this, so it seems like a glitch.

The volume of the bell text notification on my 2010 does the same thing..
It seems the volume of that text notification sound/ bell, is the same volume you have the voice playback set to on calls..its because its a piercing sound it seems way too loud... change the sound or find away to lower the ring notification (on your phone)

It seems the volume of that text notification sound/ bell, is the same volume you have the voice playback set to on calls..its because its a piercing sound it seems way too loud... change the sound or find away to lower the ring notification (on your phone)
BTW technically this not a fault of either the phone or the car..but I'm an audio pro and it is stupid someone hasn't figured this out already. It can be quite alarming. I think putting your phone on mute will stop the test sound from getting through the speakers. However then you dont know you are getting reply's. I do voice texting when driving and this can be an issue too.

Mine doesn't have anything to do with the volume or text notification on my phone. They're on the lowest setting, and it's just as loud there, as it is if I turn it up. My 2019 Crosstrek didn't have this issue.

BTW technically this not a fault of either the phone or the car..but I'm an audio pro and it is stupid someone hasn't figured this out already. It can be quite alarming. I think putting your phone on mute will stop the test sound from getting through the speakers. However then you dont know you are getting reply's. I do voice texting when driving and this can be an issue too.
I agree, it's so annoying! I even have loud notification sounds if I'm editing a photo or things like that. The only fix is muting my phone, but I don't always think to do that when getting in the car. The dealership said there is a stereo update they want to do to see if it will fix it. I hope it works!

Ask a Question