2024 Subaru Forester Clank, metal thunk under hood....I found it.

Reaction score
Hey everyone, I have a youtube channel Automotive Inquires, head on over and please subscribe to my install vids, fixes and many things Suby. So my 2024 Subaru Forester developed a thunk, rattle, metal on metal sound under the hood. It's only got 1700 miles on it and it was my fault as I went down into an unmarked grooved area and after hitting the edge on the way out. This sound was driving me nuts, but honestly, I wasn't going to take it to the dealer for them to say that they couldn't find it or started swapping out parts. It took about a week, but found it and fixed it for under 3 buck. Here is my video below to check it out, may just be the fix you need. Should work on 2015 and up, maybe earlier years. Thanks everyone.

I had this problem with my 2021 Subaru Ascent. It was a rattling in the front end when you would go over an uneven surface. I took it in a few times to the dealer, and they couldn't seem to find where it was coming from. I told the tech that I thought it was a suspension noise. We took it out on a test drive and he could also hear it. we went back to the dealership and they spent a couple of hours looking over the suspension attachment points. Eventually, they found that the shock tower on the passenger was defective. They replaced it and the rattle went away.

Would have been nice if you'd given an overview view so we can see where the part you were talking about is located under that hood!

Ask a Question