2022 Outback Touring XT- Yokohama tires excessive wear

Reaction score
I own a 2022 Subaru Outback Touring XT with Yokohama tires. At only 36,000 miles, all four tires are showing excessive wear on the inner edges, and I'm hearing a humming noise. I took it to the dealership, and they suggested checking the wheel alignment, which came back normal. They then mentioned potential road conditions, but I primarily drive on smooth suburban streets. I'm concerned about a possible tire or wheel issue that the dealership might be overlooking.
Has anyone else experienced similar problems with their Outback?

These were terrible tires. They were loud and wore unevenly. I replaced them with Bridgestone Alenza AS Ultra. The car is SO much quiter and drives so smoothly. I could not believe it. I highly recommend these tires.

These were terrible tires. They were loud and wore unevenly. I replaced them with Bridgestone Alenza AS Ultra. The car is SO much quiter and drives so smoothly. I could not believe it. I highly recommend these tires.
Thank you Joseph.

My 2023 Limited has 22,000 miles. My tires are wearing evenly and are at 7/32 tread depth. Mostly suburban and freeway driving.

When I was working, I would wipe out a set of tires every 20,000 miles. Commute was about 75% mountain roads - Angeles Forest Highway and Angeles Crest Highway.

On Both my xvs ( crosstreks) I have immediately replaced the Bridgestone Duellers with Michelin Cross Climates. The first one a 2019 covered 26000 miles on them and still had 6mm of tread and very even wear. I wouldn't put anything else on my cars now as they perform so well in all conditions

My 2023 Limited has 22,000 miles. My tires are wearing evenly and are at 7/32 tread depth. Mostly suburban and freeway driving.

When I was working, I would wipe out a set of tires every 20,000 miles. Commute was about 75% mountain roads - Angeles Forest Highway and Angeles Crest Highway.
Mine was good until 30K... running very smoothly. After that I started hearing humming noise. Initially it was low but then it started bothering me.

I had a similar issue with factory fit Dunlop's on a 2015 Lexus RX450h. I thought it was a wheel bearing but service guy told me it was a common problem with Dunlops and the way the tread wore. Tyres changed sorted it

I own a 2022 Subaru Outback Touring XT with Yokohama tires. At only 36,000 miles, all four tires are showing excessive wear on the inner edges, and I'm hearing a humming noise. I took it to the dealership, and they suggested checking the wheel alignment, which came back normal. They then mentioned potential road conditions, but I primarily drive on smooth suburban streets. I'm concerned about a possible tire or wheel issue that the dealership might be overlooking.
Has anyone else experienced similar problems with their Outback?
Yep ours are cupping or scalloped tires at 42,000 miles mostly highway miles

Thanks for the heads up, my 2024 came with Yokohama tires, I will keep a close eye on them.

Guys I would like to update you that after a couple of phone calls and discussion with Subaru America they decided to pay me $750 on any type of tires.

Thanks for the heads up, my 2024 came with Yokohama tires, I will keep a close eye on them.
Guys I would like to update you that after a couple of phone calls and discussion with Subaru America they decided to pay me $750 on any type of tires.
Yep ours are cupping or scalloped tires at 42,000 miles mostly highway miles
Call Subaru America and ask them to replace the tires. They are paying $750 against any type of tires I select.

Ask a Question