2022 Forester Starlink Screen Frozen on Startup

Reaction score
I have a 2022 Forester that is about 20 months old and has had a one time problem when starting up the vehicle - the Starlink display screen froze with just the icons. Could not press any icons. Could not adjust any phone or radio/SiriusXM settings or Map settings. Could not get rear view camera to show when in Reverse. Could not turn down volume on radio. Tried turning it off and back on, still same problem. Could still drive vehicle. Only controls that worked were A/C controls for speed and direction.
Got home, turned off vehicle and turned it right back on; still had same problem. Waited about 10 minutes. Turned it back on and everything worked fine! This happened about a week ago and of course I can not get it to repeat itself, so I can not bring it in to show dealership. No outstanding recalls.

JUST WONDERING - has anybody else had a similar problem. Since the rear view backup camera failed also, this would be considered a safety problem.

I had same thing, there is a reset for this. Hold the volum, tuner and CD eject all down for 10 seconds

How the heck did you find out how to do this reset? Is it documented somewhere? I assume you mean to press and hold all three at once ... Volume knob, Tuner Knob and CD eject for 10 seconds.

Thanks so much. Will write this down and keep in vehicle in case it happens again, which it has not yet since June.

Ask a Question