2019 Forester seat cracking / tearing

Reaction score
I have a 2019 Forester, Touring model that has developed cracks / tears on the front driver's seat. Don't have the extended warranty, took it to the dealership where I purchased it and was told it was a common problem after 60-70,000 miles. They took pictures and said Subaru might voluntarily cover it under the extended warranty but later got back to me and said they would not. Wonder how many people have seen this problem and whether Subaru has done anything about it?

I have a 2023 forester and at 5,000 miles the "leather" got loose in the center of the seat. They attempted to put a new seat cover on it but did a terrible job. It is now wrinkled worse than before. Also, the rear seat cushion has wrinkles in it apparently caused by putting the seat back down to carry things. Had I known about their fake leather seats, I would have gone with cloth.

Have a 2018 Outback with 100K miles. Both front fo-leather seats began tearing at 30k miles. Seams and leather began tearing. Took to an upholstery shop and had repaired using real leather. Cost $200/seat but well worth it.

Ask a Question