2016 Impreza oil usage

Reaction score
I just bought this car about 4 months ago. My low engine oil light came on. Apparently in those 3 months, my car used most of its oil. I will start checking it weekly now. Is this a normal thing with these cars? No oil on my drive so not leaking.

Oh great. It only had 56,000 miles when I bought it. All the reviews I saw on the Subaru brand was it was highly reliable and had a long life. My 2007 Volvo made it over 300000 miles. That’s what I was wanting.

Replace the PCV valve and air filter first. I watched some YouTube videos and read up on it. To increase fuel efficiency Subaru did some changes to the engine. We have a 1994 Subaru legacy and it's still running strong, no oil use but our 2010 Subaru Forester has been drinking it, no leaks no unusual exhaust so I googled it. We just changed the PCV valve and air filter, we have to wait and see if this fixes it. Also the manual that came with the 2010 Subaru Forester car say check the oil at each fuel up, that's crazy, but it's in the manual.

Your welcome, we never had the oil light come on , but my brother checked it every week. Sometimes it doesn't need oil and the the next week - boom- it needs a lot of oil. I hope all goes well for you. We got our parts from Amazon and they are genuine Subaru parts from Subaru. I don't know why it was cheaper there than the Subaru dealership, but you might check them out for your parts.

Ask a Question