2016 Forester electrical issue

Reaction score
After having a couple of incidents of not starting in the morning (but did finally) I bought a new battery but it failed to start the next morning. Took the battery back but it was fully charged. Had it towed to the Subaru) dealer and after a couple of days they said it appeared to be a short in the wiring harness for the starter. By corporate policy they could only replace the entire harness system throughout for nearly 6K$. So had it towed to a highly recommended repair shop that specializes in electronics. They tell me 3 workdays ago the problem appears to be in the security system but I don't know if that turns out to be true and how long it may be.

I had the same problem on another car where my battery would die down and the car would not start, especially if I left the car standing for long period of time like a couple days. It turned out what I had was parasitic leakage, which is basically leakage to ground. if you just Google, how to measure parasitic leakage will give you the steps all you need is a multimeter.

Ask a Question