2010 Subaru Forester AT temperature light blinking ABS light on traction control light on manual mode light on, no check engine light on

Reaction score
So I pulled our 2010 Subaru Forester out of our carport to spray some wasp (about 15 feet) and there was no lights on the dashboard that was coming on when I went to pull it back into the carport the transmission temperature light started blinking, ABS light came on and what looks like a traction control light came on. My mechanic is sick right now but I called him and he suggested for me to check for any codes although there is no check engine light on, so I checked for codes it is setting no codes. I had this problem once before when I had to change out a door switch for the window roller on the back passenger side and the part was on order and it was just disconnected. When we reinstalled it all the lights went off and we thought we corrected it (possible short on the disconnected back window roller) so my mechanic suggested that we check to make sure it's plugged in and do some contact cleaner, we did that but that did not get it corrected either. So he suggested then that we drive it down the road in manual mode and shift it up and down in the gears to which we did. We went back over to automatic drive and it would not recognize automatic until we put it into park and then shifted it back down to drive , now the manual mode light stays on along with the other lights. I would appreciate the input on this since I have an 84 year old mother that has a doctor's appointment coming up this coming week and it's important that I get her there and I have a dependable car to bring her there.

Update: a few days later, we started the car and all the lights were off on the dashboard. We were in the process of replacing the front brake pads and having the rotors turned, our mechanic said it might of been from the abs system. So far the lights on the dashboard are off

So I pulled our 2010 Subaru Forester out of our carport to spray some wasp (about 15 feet) and there was no lights on the dashboard that was coming on when I went to pull it back into the carport the transmission temperature light started blinking, ABS light came on and what looks like a traction control light came on. My mechanic is sick right now but I called him and he suggested for me to check for any codes although there is no check engine light on, so I checked for codes it is setting no codes. I had this problem once before when I had to change out a door switch for the window roller on the back passenger side and the part was on order and it was just disconnected. When we reinstalled it all the lights went off and we thought we corrected it (possible short on the disconnected back window roller) so my mechanic suggested that we check to make sure it's plugged in and do some contact cleaner, we did that but that did not get it corrected either. So he suggested then that we drive it down the road in manual mode and shift it up and down in the gears to which we did. We went back over to automatic drive and it would not recognize automatic until we put it into park and then shifted it back down to drive , now the manual mode light stays on along with the other lights. I would appreciate the input on this since I have an 84 year old mother that has a doctor's appointment coming up this coming week and it's important that I get her there and I have a dependable car to bring her there.
Update: we think we found the problem, the brakes were squealing when we would stop, they worked okay, but was noisy. My Brother replaced the front brake pads and turned the rotors, (since we had to wait anyway for our mechanic to figure out what was wrong with the car, and he was sick and has four cars ahead of us) the dashboard lights went off . We don't know if that was what was wrong, but we drove it today for a two hour trip and it did fine, no lights on the dashboard. Our mechanic said it might of been the abs.

Ask a Question