2007 Forester 5MT Transmission Replacement help

Reaction score
Hello,

I have a 2007 Forester with a 5MT. After a previous semester at school in the spring of college, my clutch went out all in one day. Had to get it towed home this summer. I did the whole clutch job myself, and unfortunately, after reassembling with a new clutch, the gear grinds while shifting in second.

My predicament was whatever to myself. However after extensively searching online. It seems that absolutely no-one on the east coast gives a rat's you-know-what about the NA foresters on the east coast like my own. The most I can find are JDM XT transmissions which seem to be a dime a dozen for 1000 online. I live in NC. It's pretty depressing realizing I don't have the budget to fork over 1000 to a shop to fix my transmission, nor can I find a replacement.

I was going to drive 6 hours to Pennsylvania in my mother's truck to buy a 5MT trans from PMP Auto. But apparently in the week from contacting them, they sold it.

I really just need some advice or help. Like would an Impreza or Outback model of the same year fit? Or would I have to replace an extensive amount that would make it just not worth it?

I just feel like I'm at a dead end with no help.

Ask a Question