1998 - Subaru Legacy B4 RSK

Reaction score
I have a fun little Japanese imported Subaru Legacy that drove perfectly. If not better than perfect.. until recently.

I have never done an actual pull other than when I'm on a highway doing 110km/h (~80mph or smth) and doing around 3.1k rpms

A mysterious check engine light sometimes comes on, but after a while turns off, then back on, then off, and it's super confusing. I can't even OBD port it because my OBD reader doesn't read the code for some odd reason. Then this morning, when my father was taking it off to work, he said the first gear was slipping on his way back, but when I drove, it was just fine.

If anyone has some ideas or solutions to what these problems are, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Car Details;
EJ208
Twin Turbo
2.0L
5 SPD Manual

I hope and assume for the check engine light it's something to do with an airflow sensor but, I'm not certain. I asked a local Subaru dealer for a quote on a car health checkup and it was unfathomably expensive.

Last edited:

Ask a Question