03 forester brake locking up

Reaction score
Hey everyone. Been lurking trying to find a solution for the past month or so. My rear passenger brake is locking up every time I drive, about a block or two. I've replaced the front calipers, all brake hoses, brake bleeds, disconnected ABS. The local shop can't figure it out either.
When bleeding that brake originally it came out very dark and murky. It's fully seized until bled, then I hear the creaking of it releasing, and I can drive another couple blocks. Any help is appreciated! Thanks.

Edit: 5 speed manual, rear drums

Last edited:
Sounds like the original probem has not be fully resolved. I'd take it back to who repaired it before.

Sounds like the original probem has not be fully resolved. I'd take it back to who repaired it before.
They've said they can't figure it out and to take it to another shop. I'm hoping to find someone else has had a similar issue and can give advice on it before I do that. I spend $400 at this previous shop for them to tell me that, would rather not do it again is all!

They've said they can't figure it out and to take it to another shop. I'm hoping to find someone else has had a similar issue and can give advice on it before I do that. I spend $400 at this previous shop for them to tell me that, would rather not do it again is all!
Ask for your money back or report them to your states auto service bureau. Adjusting brakes is a standard automotive service.

Ask a Question